We’ve got a bunch of amazing artists headed to Dunedin and a full schedule of social dancing and workshops to attend! If you’re just interested in the Savoy Ball, Swing Dance Competitions or Harbour Hop, then our check out our evening events or info for new dancers.
The full range of events available at the Dunedin Midwinter Swing Festival includes:
- Viewing or competing in the 2018 South Island Swing Dance Competitions
- Four days of live swing and blues music from the very best local artists
- Six social dance events, including two late nights (and two evening taster classes for new dancers)
- Nine hours of daytime workshops (from 24 options) where you can pick your own path, including
- 7 x Blues classes
- 6 x Lindy Hop classes*
- 4 x Solo Jazz classes
- 3-hour performance-skills workshop**
- One-off Shag and ’20s partnered Charleston classes
- Taster classes for Tango, Hip Hop and Barn Dance
If you can’t make it to the full festival then check out our registration options for individual events and workshops. A full festival includes entry into all of these activites.
*There’s an additional advanced level Lindy Hop class being offered, however, this is a $15 add-on to your pass (if application successful).
**Participants in the performance class are required to sign up with a partner and a certain level of lindy hop skill is required. Spaces may be limited.